Dholera Smart City: India’s Largest, Most Ambitious Project
Dholera smart city is a planned city project in Gujarat, India.
The objective of the Dholera smart City Project is to build an inclusive and sustainable city with a focus on people and their livelihoods.
It will be a livable and sustainable environment for generations to come.
The project site encompasses about 11,000 hectares of land and is located about 60 km from Ahmedabad, the largest city in Gujarat.
Dholera Smart City will be constructed over 114 square kilometers (roughly seven times the size of Singapore).
Here are some facts about this smart city that you might find helpful.
What is Dholera smart City?
- Dholera is a planned city project in Gujarat, India, which would be the first fully integrated urban area in the world to be built from scratch.
- It is also among the most prominent industrial projects in India.
- The Indian Ministry approved the master plan for Urban Development in 2007.
- The plan includes two parts – an industrial area and an urban area.
- The city spread over the industrial area. An elevated, pedestrian walkable city area is called the Gateway City Area.
Dholera Smart City Project
It’s a project in India called Dholera that will be the first fully-integrated city in the world built from scratch. It will be in Gujarat, in the western part of India. It is also one of the most significant industrial projects in India.
When will the project be completed?
Dholera’s smart city project is in the beginning stages.
- The first phase (Phase 1) is done, and the second phase (Phase 2) is in progress.
- As of 2025, Dholera is supposed to be a smart city.
- Each phase of the Dholera project looks at a different part of the city.
- The first phase is primarily about improving infrastructure and the economy.
- The second phase focuses on how society grows.
- The third phase is all about basic amenities and the development of the city’s landscape.
- The project is spread out over 15 years and has six stages.
Dholera Smart City Project Key Points
- Dholera is one of India’s first smart cities to be built.
- It’s a planned city project that puts people and their jobs first.
- The project in Gujarat, India, is one of the largest ever done there.
- It will accommodate 700,000 people and 50 kilometers away southwest of Ahmedabad.
- The city was developed on an 8,500-acre plot.
- Solar electricity would be the primary energy source for all municipal services in the Dholera smart city project.
- The administration has taken sustainability and environmental protection into priority.
- With its emphasis on environmentally responsible development, this city can become a model for future urban planning in India.
How will the city work?
- People who live in Dholera smart city work together with the government and businesses. The government of Gujarat, India, and a well-known global business, Emaar, have formed a 50:50 joint venture to build the project.
- One of the world’s best-planned cities, Dholera, has over 8,000 hectares of land. Emaar has built about 450 hectares of land in the city so far.
- Public transportation and an intelligent water grid planned to make Dholera one of the most connected cities in the world. Cloud services connect water taps in all homes and public places, making it easier for people to get and use water in cities.
- There will also be a composting system for the food waste that the city makes to grow food.
What are its vision and objectives?
- Dholera smart city wants to make the region an international center for finance, manufacturing, and logistics.
- It has many important goals: By connecting roads, rails, ports, and waterways, you can make your city more digitally connected.
- Based on full ownership of energy, water, transportation, and waste management in a Smart City that is green and safe.
- It will be an open green city with integrated community facilities like multi-functional parks, schools, college buildings, hospitals, community halls, and a green corridor connecting it to a transit corridor.
- Contribute to the reduction of traffic and pollution.
How does it plan to sustain itself for future generations?
Dholera will be the world’s first intelligent, green, and inclusive city. It wants to have a population of 1.5 million people, which will be a significant change in the district area that is already there.
The city’s goal is to have smart living facilities (such as more efficient water supply, intelligent street lights, intelligent parking management, and so on) as well as educational, health, recreational, and commercial facilities.
What are the key features of the project?
Some of Dholera’s most remarkable features:
- water supply and waste-water treatment
- smart street lights
- rainwater harvesting
- information technology
- transportation infrastructure
- power generation
- water treatment
- mobile phone technology
Dholera International Airport
There are 200 hectares of land at the Dholera International Airport, making it the world’s largest aviation project.
- By 2025, the airport will hold 18 million people a year, divided into four parts.
- When the project is complete, it will be one of the world’s most cutting-edge airports.
- This project is one of India’s largest and most ambitious projects of this kind.
- Dholera International Airport signifies that India wants to become a significant economic player.
- It is in the state of Gujarat.
- To meet the government’s goal by 2025 is an important part.
- The airport will be able to handle 35 million passengers per year by 2025, allowing it to meet the growing need for global connectivity.
- Soon, the Dholera International Airport will be a significant transportation hub for people in both Asia and Europe.
- It has flights to places like Dubai and Jeddah and Tehran and Istanbul.
Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project
For the first time, the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project (DMIC) is a transportation and industrial infrastructure project that is both huge and complicated.
- The corridor runs from Dadri near New Delhi in the north to Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Mumbai on the south coast.
- Its length is 1,483 km.
- The government started the DMIC in 2005 to help six cities along the route: New Delhi, Noida, Greater Noida, Chennai, Bangalore, and Mumbai.
- The cities are all on the same route.
- The DMIC wants to connect these cities with high-speed freight lines and state-of-the-art industrial zones with enough power to get to ports.
- People in India will compete with big trading partners like China and Europe in global markets for the goods and services they make and sell.
- The Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project will make your life better, so read on!
Inspired by the Central government
The Dholera smart city project is one of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s most important projects.
- The government came up with a plan to make this intelligent city only good for the environment and long-term.
- The project’s time frame is 20 years.
- A group of people from both the government and the private sector will charge this enormous project.
- In this area, there are a lot of well-planned residential projects as well as commercial space developments, educational zones, parks, and green areas.
- Besides an international airport, this project will also have a shopping mall.
- Besides these, there will be a power supply system that will keep people and businesses in the area getting power at all times.
- Everything together will make this one of the world’s best places for tech.
When Will Dholera Smart City Complete?
Most investors want to know when Dholera Smart City will be completed. Dholera SIR is still in development. The government has not set a specific completion date for the Dholera SIR smart city. Still, according to the official announcement, phase 1 would be completed shortly, followed by future steps. Let’s learn more about the Dholera smart city’s development and investment.
Three phases separate Dholera SIR Smart City development based on six town planning (TP) designs.
- The city is being built in phases, with the first phase set to be completed in 2022.
- The second phase will be finished in 2032, while the third phase in 2042. As a result, the first phase completed by 2022 will be built around 154 square kilometers, somewhat comparable to Gandhinagar but larger than Chandigarh.
- So, you would have an operational Smart City (like Chandigarh area-wise) in 2022, which will be enough to house more than 5 lakh people with industries.
- And the activation zone (an area of around 22.5 square kilometers in TP2 inside Dholera SIR that is a central industrial zone) would be operational in 2020.
- As a result, Dholera Smart City will be working in 2020 (Activation Area) and the first phase (TP1 & TP2) in 2023. From TP1 to TP6, a linear development plan area bordering both sides of the Ahmedabad Dholera Expressway inside Dholera SIR will be developed by 2030.
- As a result, you won’t have to wait until 2042 to be placed inside Dholera SIR.
Dholera SIR has a total size of 920 square kilometers and will take time to develop ultimately. Dholera International Airport development will begin in 2020 and be completed in 2023, as will the Ahmedabad-Dholera Greenfield Expressway. The Ahmedabad-Dholera Rapid Metro transport system will be finished in 2023 and eventually extended to Bhavanagar.
All About Dholera smart city plot price
The price of land in Ahmedabad has risen by more than 2,000 percent in the last decade.
What’s more disturbing is how the cost of plots and land in Dholera smart city is skyrocketing.
It’s no surprise that people are buying plots and land in Dholera smart city, which is only a one-hour drive from Ahmedabad.
So, what does all of this imply for you?
In case you hadn’t noticed, land and plot prices have been steadily rising for quite some time.
So, if you want to live in a different atmosphere but can’t afford Ahmedabad real estate rates, check to Dholera smart city.
If you are interested in purchasing a plot in Dholera, please contact us and one of our knowledgeable team members will assist you.
Investing in Dholera
The Gujarat government has been working on the ambitious project of developing the Dholera neighborhood of Ahmedabad for quite some time. The project is ready to go, with construction work started.
Before the inauguration, here are strong reasons why you should invest in Dholera:
- Accessibility: Dholera will be well-connected and provide access to various residential and commercial regions in and around Ahmedabad. The proposed airport and metro line and its closeness to major road and highway networks make it a desirable investment location.
- Connectivity: The Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC) will pass through Dholera, facilitating the flow of commodities and allowing persons to travel inside India in less than 24 hours. It takes at least 24 hours or more with the present infrastructure.
People are excited about the project, even though it’s a long way from being done. It’s good for a country that is still one of the least connected globally. Indian state Gujarat is only a little bigger than the US state of California, but very few people there have Internet. One of the first steps to making the Internet more accessible will be for the Indian government to build this future city as quickly as possible.
Also Read: The Top 10 Smart Cities in India 2021
Dholera Smart City Images
- Also read: Dholera’s ‘Semicon City’
- Must Read: Vedanta And Foxconn to establish chip plant at dholera